GA7 – 75VSD+
With its innovative vertical design, Atlas Copco’s GA7-75VSD+ range of compressors has proved to be a “game changer” in terms of compressed air. It offers Variable Speed Drive (VSD) as standard, a compact motor and small footprint thanks to its in-house design and iPM (Permanent Magnet) technology. Instead of the normal space-taking horizontal design, the new GA 7-75 VSD+ has an upright, vertical, low footprint layout. This saves valuable floor and work space, eases maintenance access, accelerates manufacturing time, and reduces the total cost of ownership for all customers.
- Highest reliability – The GA VSD+ has proven its reliability during extensive field-testing. The drive train is a completely closed, oil-cooled unit that is both quiet and reliable (IP 66), even in the harshest conditions.
- Exceptional energy savings – Atlas Copco’s GA Variable Speed Drive+ (VSD+) technology closely follows the air demand by automatically adjusting the motor speed to match the compressed air supply to the air demand. Combined with the innovative design of the iPM (Permanent Magnet) motor (efficiency corresponding to IE4 efficiency), this results in average energy savings of 50% and an average cut of 37% in the lifecycle cost of a compressor. A new, more efficient fan motor achieves another saving on specific energy requirements of up to 7% of the compressor power.
On top of the energy savings, the GA VSD+ realizes a Free Air Delivery (FAD) increase of up to 12%. The design of the motor and the drive train are protected by pending patents.
- Air system integration – The GA VSD+ is compact, with a small footprint. Thanks to the silent motor and fully-enclosed drive train, this compressor runs as low as 62 dB(A) for the GA7. Thanks to its smart design, all maintenance parts are easy accessible and the compressor allows for installation close to a wall or even in corners.
- Advanced control and monitoring – To maximize efficiency and reliability, the Elektronikon® controls the main drive motor and regulates system pressure within a predefined and narrow pressure band. The Elektronikon® controller can be adapted to your specific needs with extra sensors, digital contacts, fieldbus, Internet and SMS communication functions. In combination with the ES multiple compressor controller, the operation of your complete compressor room is optimized.
- Integrated air treatment – The GA VSD+ is available in a Full Feature version that includes an energy-friendly integrated refrigerant dryer of the newest generation.
The Drive Train consists of the 2 main components in our compressor.
The interior Permanent Magnet (iPM) Motor (4)
This motor, with its extremely high efficiency (96,8%), exceeds the IE4 efficiency threshold. It is designed in-house in Belgium. It has a design making it very compact with an oil-cooling circuit making the need of cooling air flow obsolete. The oil will also lubricate the bearings, so, no (re)grease(ing) is needed.
This motor is optimized for higher speeds, and has an IP rating of 66, instead of the standard IP55.
The element (3) is the famous Atlas Copco designed and manufactured compression element featuring asymmetric profile male and female rotors designed for the optimal combination of maximised free air delivery with low power consumption. The design of this element has been optimised to increase its performance in this application.
The motor drives the male rotor of the element directly making gears or belts and shaft seal redundant. This allows a pressure-tight drive train through which the oil flows from the motor to the element. Its vertical setup reduces the footprint by 60%, making it a very compact machine.
The Elektronikon® operating system offers a great variety of control and monitoring features that allow you to increase your compressor’s efficiency and reliability thanks to the many embedded advanced control algorithms.
Condensation Prevention Cycle (CPC):
Atlas Copco introduces as first in the market its “condensation prevention cycle” for Variable Speed Drive compressors. Thanks to an algorithm in the Elektronikon® controller of the GA VSD+, condensation in the compression oil is prevented in all circumstances, even in those where the compressor is oversized for the application and has to deal with extremely low load conditions (where the compressor is operated for less than a minute every hour).
Dual pressure set point:
Most production processes create fluctuating demands which, in turn, can create energy waste in low use periods. Using the Elektronikon®, you can manually or automatically create two different system pressure bands to optimize energy use and reduce costs.
An on-board clock enables timers to be set up to support any working scheme – per day, per week, or completely customizable to your specific situation and needs.
Integrated Saver Cycle
Fan Saver Cycle reduces the energy consumption by switching off the fan in light load applications.
Using an ambient sensor to monitor the required dew point suppression, the Elektronikon® starts and stops the dryer, minimizing energy use.
Untreated compressed air contains moisture and aerosols which increase the risk of corrosion and compressed air system leaks. This can result in a damaged air system and contaminated end product. Maintenance costs can far exceed air treatment costs. Our compressors provide dry air that improves your system’s reliability, avoids costly downtime and production delays, and safeguards the quality of your products.
Why choose an Atlas Copco Variable Speed Drive compressor?
- On average 50% energy savings with an extensive flow range (20-100%).
- Integrated Elektronikon® Graphic controller controls the motor speed and high efficiency frequency inverter.
- No wasted idling times or blow-off losses during operation.
- Compressor can start/stop under full system pressure without the need to unload with special VSD+ motor.
- Eliminates peak current penalty during start-up.
- Minimizes system leakage due to a lower system pressure.
- EMC Compliance to directives (2004/108/EG).